What are the best TV series of last five years (2008-2013)?

1. Breaking Bad ( The obvious choice) 

2. Sherlock ( I take pride in the fact that I started watching this amazing show long before it became "mainstream" )


3. The OfficeSteve Carell, Rain Wilson .... enough said 

4. The IT Crowd - not a very popular show but cracks me up every time I see it


5. The Legend of Korra - animation doesn't get any better than this and if you think that its a kid's show, your soo wrong.

6. Death Note ( take in mind that this list is in no particular order)



7. Arrested Development - one of the cleverest comedies to air to date 



8. House of Cards - this is all the proof that you need  --------------->



9. True Detective - all right, all right, all right



10. Fargo - aw jeez 



11. Silicon Valley 


12. Rick and Morty-wubba lubba dub dub



13. Entouragejust a generally fun show to watch, not much depth to it 



14. Game of Thrones - I'm a fan of the books so the show doesn't compare. ( but simply putting this here will get me more upvotes - not really ) 


15. Orphan Black Somebody give Tatiana Maslany a freaking emmy



16. Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood ( more anime as requested )


17. Suits -gotta say its a great show, a little repetitive and unoriginal but that doesn't stop me from watching it.



18.  Community - excluding Season 4, this has been one of the most memorable shows of this decade. 



19. Homeland this is another show that I feel not everybody enjoys. Maybe its because of the slow pace and most people enjoy more action instead of the power play and spying around. I think the show lost some of its momentum in season 3 but season 4 came back with a big blow.



20. Mad Men - men, men , men, manly....... oh wait that's a different show


21. Orange is The New Black



22. The Simpsons


23. Dr Who - still haven't seen the new season with Capaldi


24. Impractical Jokers - might not look like a very "complex" show but the ideas are extremely smart, and you are guaranteed to laugh throughout


25. Futurama 


26. House MD


27. Parks and Recreation


28. Top Gear


Honorable Mentions :

Big Bang Theory ( still watch every latest episode, but after season 3 it's quality decreased)


Modern Family : ( I like comedy TV shows to make me laugh, not just be funny. Modern Family is one of the most consistent shows, I've watched all the latest episodes, but for me it does not make the list) 

How I Met Your Mother- I actually liked the ending.




You can also check out my my favorite movies of 2014 : Ayush Sharma's answer to What are the best movies of 2014? Why?

AND  favorite shows of 2014 : Ayush Sharma's answer to What are the best TV shows to start watching in 2014?

No comments:

Post a Comment