What are some things free in your country but you have to buy when visiting other countri… by Vignesh Chandrasekaran

In New Zealand, any accident related injuries are covered by the government (the department is called ACC). We pay a small levy for this (1.45%).

Accidents could range anything from 'someone punching in your face' to serious road accidents. The interesting fact is that it is a no-fault  scheme. Even if you are at fault, you will still be covered by this. This is my first hand experience with ACC.

4 years ago, I had a nasty fracture in my ankle. I was hospitalised for 15 days, and had 2 surgeries. This was free of charge. Follow up surgeries were free too.When I was discharged home, I was assigned with a care taker - who came to my apartment once everyday for an hour or two. She would help me take a shower, clean my apartment, help me with my food, shopping, etc. This was free of charge.I was provided with free equipment like crutches, shower stool, leg rest, etc. I also got equipment to assist me at work. An occupational therapist was sent to my work to talk to my manager and assist me in getting back to normalcy at work.Since I had my cast on for a while, I got free taxis to get to work and back home for about 5 months.I also had a heavily subsidised physiotherapy for a long time.And for the days I was off work (which was a lot), ACC paid 80% of my salary and my employer paid the rest.

I found that ACC also covers the tourists visiting NZ. How great is that?! So if you're scared of bungy jumping when you visit NZ, don't worry. We've got you covered ;)

https://www.quora.com/What-are-some-things-free-in-your-country-but-you-have-to-buy-when-visiting-other-countries/answer/Vignesh-Chandrasekaran-3?srid=ndBp&share=1101630d

No comments:

Post a Comment